Nothing too specific to talk about over the past few days. I thought I'd take the opportunity to document some of the completely unrelated - but memorable (well, from a mommy's standpoint) - things observed this week:
1. We may have caused major trauma to Reid when we left him for a week while we went to Chicago. Ever since we got back, he tells me all the time - seriously, numerous times a day - that he misses me. He uses different variations... "I missed you, mommy," "I was missing you," "I miss you when you're gone," etc. It started when we got back from the trip, which seems reasonable, but has not subsided. At first, he would tell me he missed me when I picked him up from school (a 4 hour time frame), and when got back from working out (45 minutes or so). Now sometimes he tells me when I leave to go to the mailbox, or when I'm in the next room. I didn't really give much thought to it until last week when I finally asked him, "When did you miss me?" and he replied, "When you were at the airport." Kind of sad... hopefully he'll move on from that soon. :(
2. Reid has discovered Little Bill - the Bill Cosby cartoon. It plays on Noggin in the afternoons. Personally, I am super excited about this. Prior to Little Bill, he was starting to love Caillou a little too much. (Sorry to all you folks reading this that aren't tuned into the preschool cartoon circuit...) Caillou is a fine show but, for those of you that know it, you know Caillou doesn't always portray himself in the best light (a.k.a., he acts like a real 4 year old). Oh sure, the message is good in the end but you get to see him throw tantrums and backtalk as we learn the lesson. It was so interesting (not necessarily in a good way) to see Reid mimic Caillou's personality. Not cool. Now we have discovered Little Bill - with his sweet disposition - who is nice to his friends, takes care of his hamster, and doesn't talk back to his parents. Now, I wonder how much I can sell our one Caillou DVD for on eBay...?
3. Somewhere recently, Reid must have seen someone making snow angels on TV. I don't know where. He remembers things so well that it could have been something he saw months ago. Well, he has decided that he wants to make them frequently these days, generally inside on the carpet. It's a pretty simple process but cute to watch, especially when he gets so excited that he calls them "snow jangles."
4. Finally got Reid to sing on video. It took a little coaching, but here is his rendition of his own composition called "Water" (notice the familiar tune, I think), and of course the classic, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." I let him watch it afterward and he was cracking up at himself - apparently slapstick with a pillow (you'll see) is all the rage in the 2 year old mind. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahaha! love it.
I cannot stand Calliou. Avery has just discovered it and we watch it every nite, like 4 times. He is the whiniest, most annoying kid Ive ever seen. Why do kids like him? Avery even calls Davis "rosie sometimes. Now, we occasionally watch LIttle Bill, she seems to like it too, such a sweet show.
How cute! That is so funny, it sounds like a conversation I have with Nathan everyday...trying to get him to do something and him saying one word over and over or hiding his face! We love "Little Bill", Nathan calls him little billy?? Calliou is a whiner...defintly, but Nathan loves him??!!
oops...I misspelled definitely (probably still misspelled it), also I meant to say, that is so sad/sweet about him saying "I miss you" all the time, I'm sure he will be fine! :-)
Post a Comment