Friday, December 19, 2008

Birthday Blues...

We went to a birthday yesterday for one of our neighbors and friends, little James, who was turning 2.

Reid did such a great job in understanding that we were going to a party for James and that James would be getting presents, because it was his birthday. Even as the presents were being opened, Reid even sat back with me and watched so nicely. He was excited for James to open our gift because he had chosen it himself - a pretend cash register, with money and sound effects to boot.

After the gifts were opened, we were all almost the three-hour mark. Reid was tired and SO over the "It's James party and these are his gifts" line. So, we came home to chill out and everything was fine.

I awoke this morning and heard Reid on the monitor. Sometimes, but rarely, he will wake up and not call for me immediately. I could hear him playing so I didn't go get him. Finally, I could hear him singing in the sweetest voice... "It's not my birthday. I don't get to have presents. It's not my birthday, no presents for me."

I swear. Hilarious. Of course, I could try to explain that his birthday is only a month or so away but since he has no concept of time, it wouldn't really matter. :)

1 comment:

The Terrys said...

TOO FUNNY! I love the song!