Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Disney or Bust: Day 6

Day 6: Magic Kingdom...

Of course, the Magic Kingdom was great. (Isn't it illegal to say otherwise?) Seriously, we had a great day, but missed out on some of the more fun rides because Reid is 39 1/2" tall - not 40" - which is the cutoff for several good ones. And, I know they have rider swap, but that's not really our style. I wanted this trip to be about him, not us.

We had a very full day, though. Some of the highlights were the Barnstormer coaster in the kiddie area, the carousel, the teacups, the Buzz Lightyear ride where you shoot the aliens (whatever it was called), and of course all the rides that that lift you up and go around in circles (i.e. Dumbo, the rockets in Tomorrowland, etc.). Reid likes the fast rides but is really not a fan of anything that rides around in the dark, like Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean, or Winnie the Pooh. We didn't even try It's a Small World after all that. :) I am already looking forward to our next trip when we can really do all the fun stuff...

Somehow, though, we managed to spend 8 hours there yesterday. The crowds were pretty low so we finally got to the point where we felt like we had done all we could and didn't have the energy to hop over to another park. We ended up having dinner outside the park and Reid passed out in the car on the way home. He was pooped and, frankly, so were we. :)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Thanks for posting about your trip...I loved it!!! Although, now I really want to go!!! I'll have to measure Nathan to see how tall he is!! LOL What is the "rider swap"?
I'm so glad you all had a great time! It sounds like a blast!! Hope you got some rest on the ride home.