Thursday, April 2, 2009

Road Trip to See Granna in Montgomery.

Mom is working on and off in Montgomery, so she is down there for a few weeks at a time. Oddly, it is easier and an hour quicker to drive all the way down there than it is to get to Ardmore, so Reid and I made the road trip. Except for the first 3 miles and the last 7 miles, the entire trip was on I-85. An easy, but kind of boring, drive.

We stayed with her in the hotel, which was actually in Prattville, just north of Fun-gomery (as we used to call it when I lived there). It was really a great weekend - we went to the Zoo, found a great park to play at, and just explored. Reid made friends with all the hotel employees, especially Mr. Scott at the front desk. The hotel caters primarily to business travelers, so it was dead on the weekend. We had the run of the place.

Reid also got to open his belated birthday gifts from Granna which he was super excited about. Check it out...

At the Montgomery Zoo, picking flowers that they probably aren't supposed to pick.
He wanted me to put this in my hair, but I opted out since I could see the little bugs on it. No thanks. :)

This peacock was loud and decided to put on a show. I'm not sure what stirred him/her up, but we got to see it strut around and spread its feathers multiple times.

See? It was really cool.

Every zoo needs a train!

Opening his birthday gift in the hotel parking lot...

A scooter!

He did a great job and was pretty good at it right off the bat.


But we did have a minor injury - check out that elbow.


It was a pretty nasty scrape. Once we got the bandaid on it, though, he was a-ok.

At the park, looking for fish in the stream.

And digging up rocks, which all got thrown into the lake.


Beautiful blue sky & a really big tree. I just thought it was pretty.


There were lots of ducks and some geese at the lake. We - and everyone else - brought a loaf of bread to feed them. The ducks just looked at us like, "Bread? Really?" This goose was very vocal about it - he was loud and obnoxious and had no sense of personal space...

A crane (right?) in the lake at the park. He stood there for a bit and then took off - so graceful.


1 comment:

Kristi said...

looks like a fun time!! YIKES...that elbow looks painful! Sounds like he handled it like a champ!