Thursday, July 9, 2009

What Happened to June?!?

I realize my last post was only on June 22nd, which wasn't all THAT long ago, but I feel like this summer is just flying by. What happened to June? Why do I feel so busy when I don't really have all that much going on?

Here's a rundown of what has happened since the last post (that I can remember!):
* Reid completed beginner swim lessons at the Y.
* I had lasik surgery on my eyes (6/25). YAY!
* I turned 32 (7/3).
* 4th of July.
* Two little boy birthday pool parties.

I'm sure there are other things... Here are some photos of all of the above, and then some, in no particular order.




Reid at Dawson's "Car Wash" birthday party. Yes, folks, those are blue spaghetti noodles (aka car wash brushes).


We gave Dawson a car wash curtain from Ikea for his birthday so he can have his very own car wash at his house. Reid freaked out and decided he wanted one, too, so we made a homemade one. It's still up 2 weeks later...



Me before the lasik surgery. Granted, I am not looking my best but I wanted to post the last photo of me in glasses for posterity. :)

The guys in their "chef" hats, which Reid decided to make out of dish cloths. They are making me a birthday cake (according to Reid).


My chef, with his "hat" and Spiderman outfit on. Who can say no to that face?

At the fountains downtown.

Yes, I told him not to climb the train...



My "birthday cake," a lemonade cheesecake-type pie. It was quick, easy, and yummy. :)


Fireworks on July 3rd. Ross and Reid watching the sky together.


I didn't take any official photos of Reid during swim lessons - they were chaotic enough without that - but I did want to document the day he played with markers about 30 seconds before we walked out the door.

Yes, that was my child in the creek downtown. That's what the city of Greenville gets for not turning on the fountains when they are supposed to be on! Reid, Camryn, Ceci, and Gideon didn't seem to mind....
Reid and Gideon, a friend from school.


Gotta love it when you know your birthday gift was enjoyed. Our (former) next door neighbor, Reeves, turned 4 and we got him a bubble gun. I looked out that evening and saw this - later, his older brother preparing to try to slide down without breaking his neck. Don't worry, their dad is a doctor. (Actually, he's Reid's doctor...)

Reid also got a bubble gun - a big hit!


And it makes LOTS of bubbles!

1 comment: