Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pre-Christmas in Greenville

Before we made the trip to Alabama (via Chattanooga), we did have some good holiday fun in Greenville, too!

We visited the Roper Mountain Holiday Lights - a drive-through and partial walk-through light display - and even had a family photo made on Santa's sleigh. (It seems that family photos of all three of us are somewhat few and far between without some advance planning so I was glad to get this one!) We also visited the crazy Christmas house in Mauldin on Shearbrook Drive. It's not a large house but those guys definitely utilize every inch of space they have. We love it!

Reid and I made a gingerbread house together. It was fun to decorate and he's getting better and better at the "crafty" things as he's getting older. Our completed house looked great and was a nice place for his flower pot Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus to sit. We also had a pine cone Christmas tree that was added to the scene but I neglected to take a photo. Not to worry - all those items are packed up and we'll see them again next year!

We also decided to open our family Christmas gifts before the trip. Santa knew that we were going to be at Granna's house but the rest of the gifts were opened early. (Sometimes it is quite useful when your child has no concept of time!)

We planned our own "Christmas morning" the Sunday before we left. We woke up and had a big breakfast and opened gifts in our pj's. Besides gifts from mom and dad, Reid also had some gifts from Uncle Toby as well. Probably the favorite gift of the whole lot was the Dinoco Blue Lightening McQueen from Uncle Toby - you can see from the photo how happy he was to get it!

Among other things, he also got a My Little Pony. Now, at one point, he had shown interest in these so I picked one up for him. He is one of only two boys in his preschool class so he is familiar with lots of "girl" toys - plus at this point he doesn't really differentiate between "boy/girl" toys anyway. I'm perfectly fine with that so I had no problem buying one for him. But... I guess the cool factor had worn off by Christmas because he opened it and was like, "What am I supposed to do with this horse?" Ha ha! At least it wasn't expensive!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: