Friday, April 30, 2010

Saint Simons Island, Georgia

We got up and on the road to start the trek back to SC. After a lunch/outlet shopping stop in St. Augustine, we drove a few more hours to Saint Simons Island in Georgia. I've heard great things about this little town so it sounded like a great place to stop for the night.


We checked in to our hotel and then headed out to see what we could see. We found a little restaurant - Barbara Jean's (I think?), a total hole in the wall but apparently a community landmark - that had been recommended by a friend and then took a walk on the beach. It was dusk and the tide was coming in so we had limited time out there, since the tide comes all the way up to the rocks, but it was beautiful all the same. We really loved the lighthouse.




Reid was pretty tired so when he conked out in the car, Ross and I took the opportunity to just drive around the island. We drove out to the end where all the "nice" houses are and just took in the scenery. The trees and Spanish moss... just gorgeous. I wish we could have stayed longer. Perhaps on future trip...


No comments: