Reid had his first trip to Hooters today. I know... yes, I know. We do not frequent that establishment. Actually, neither Ross or I have been there in many years and certainly since we've known each other. And, Ross demanded that I let everyone know it was not his idea to go.
As some of you may know, I do some mystery shopping now and then. This one popped up last week. It basically resulted in a free meal for the three of us with a small amount left over. But, free meals are always good so I thought we'd give it a try. Plus, I knew that Ross would be a little appalled at the idea, which made it slightly humorous.
So, back to Reid. I tried to explain to him that this was a fun restaurant where all the ladies wear orange shorts. He was sad that he did not have on orange shorts, too, but that idea passed. We walked in and saw a gaggle of girls in those hideous orange hot pants. With pantyhose. And leg warmers. And big white tennis shoes. I knew this is what I would see but it is so much worse in person. Just yucky, and a little embarrassing (for them - seriously). :)
However, our server was a sweet girl who was very good at her job and who thought Reid was Mr. Cutie (and, he is). She tried to talk to him and even brought him an "I (heart) Hooters" balloon. Except of course that he would not touch the balloon and refused to make any eye contact with her. There's no way I can do it justice here, but the look on his face was like he had accidentally walked into the wrong bathroom somewhere and was trying to avert his eyes anywhere - anywhere - else. Ross and I were cracking up.
The trip was pretty much uneventful. The food was mediocre, but I did see a Hooters girl doing jumping jacks (not kidding) and another one using a big orange hula hoop (also not kidding). So, I hope Reid enjoyed his first trip, because I'm betting he won't be back for a very, very long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hahahaha
Nick drug us in there a few weeks ago. The kids absolutely loved it, embarrassingly enough. THey were so nice to them, and of course, the balloons...
This is too funny...I had to let me husband read this...he got a kick out of it! :-)
Post a Comment