No, really, "Why?" Because I said so, that's why.
Reid has learned the word "why" and how to use it repeatedly. He's 2 1/2. Shouldn't this little phase, which I realize was inevitable, come later - like when he's 3 or 4... or 5?!?!?! His teachers at school have also noticed. He questions everything. Not just why something works (or doesn't work - like our TV last week), but now he has started questioning when he is asked to do something. Granted, Reid has never been one to exist in silent obedience - this is where I curse myself for having the personality I have, since now he has it as well - but he could always be appeased with a little effort. Formerly, I could explain a situation to him, even if in 2-year-old logic, and it would almost always work. Or, you could distract him with something. Not so easy these days.
As I write this, Reid is on the couch. Yes, watching TV - and exhausted. He should be taking a nap, this being naptime and all. I mean, the 3-year-old boy next door and the other one down the street are napping right now... why not my 2 1/2-year-old boy? For the past few months naps are becoming fewer and fewer and the ones he does have are under extreme protest. I try to let him cry himself out but generally that just riles him up even more until he is hysterical, which doesn't help either one of us. The good news is that he will likely be in bed asleep by 7:45. The bad news is that it is only 2:51 right now.
Well, that's enough for now. Apparently Caillou is having pancakes on TV and now Reid wants some, too. I get to explain why we don't eat pancakes at 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon. I can just hear the "Why's" now...
Here are some recent photos of our little inquisitor... enjoy!
Reid has learned the word "why" and how to use it repeatedly. He's 2 1/2. Shouldn't this little phase, which I realize was inevitable, come later - like when he's 3 or 4... or 5?!?!?! His teachers at school have also noticed. He questions everything. Not just why something works (or doesn't work - like our TV last week), but now he has started questioning when he is asked to do something. Granted, Reid has never been one to exist in silent obedience - this is where I curse myself for having the personality I have, since now he has it as well - but he could always be appeased with a little effort. Formerly, I could explain a situation to him, even if in 2-year-old logic, and it would almost always work. Or, you could distract him with something. Not so easy these days.
As I write this, Reid is on the couch. Yes, watching TV - and exhausted. He should be taking a nap, this being naptime and all. I mean, the 3-year-old boy next door and the other one down the street are napping right now... why not my 2 1/2-year-old boy? For the past few months naps are becoming fewer and fewer and the ones he does have are under extreme protest. I try to let him cry himself out but generally that just riles him up even more until he is hysterical, which doesn't help either one of us. The good news is that he will likely be in bed asleep by 7:45. The bad news is that it is only 2:51 right now.
Well, that's enough for now. Apparently Caillou is having pancakes on TV and now Reid wants some, too. I get to explain why we don't eat pancakes at 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon. I can just hear the "Why's" now...
Here are some recent photos of our little inquisitor... enjoy!
Playing in the fountains at Bridge Street in Huntsville.
Yes. we brought a change of clothes...
Apparently, the proper way to do it is to roll around on the ground...
2 comments:
I completely know what you're talking about! I hear "why" and "no" all day!! Any question I ask is "no", and everything I tell him is followed by "why"??!!
Ahhh...the joys of parenting!
He is just so cute! I can't help but get over the "why?" thing when I see the last picture of him rolling around!!! (of course, I don't have to hear it all day!)
Post a Comment