Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas in Alabama

The week after Christmas, we headed to Alabama to see the rest of the fam. I didn't get to see everyone but we saw my mom and Granny, which are the ones that matter (since they will both hunt you down if you don't visit often enough). :)


I am in LOVE with this picture. It was taken next to the pond on my grandparents farm. It looks so serene and beautiful and dignified... looks can be so deceiving.


See? I took this picture just a few minutes later. The cow (I can't remember if this is Bobbi or Whitney) just kept mooing at us because she wanted to eat, and eat now! I just thought it was hilarious that I could walk right up to her and take a picture with her staring dead at me. She was not amused.
Reid had so much fun that day - playing on the tire swing, chasing the boat around the pond, roasting marshmallows in the fire with his cousins.
Oh yeah, and herding chickens. I kid you not. Reid decided to try and herd the chickens by screaming at them at the top of his lungs. You must watch the video to fully appreciate this - seriously. :)


And we finally got around to putting together that ginger bread house that I bought like two weeks prior. All Reid wanted to do was eat the "chimneys" (aka gumdrops).

I got to see my girl Sunshine - yay! This was taken right after we got locked inside Bath & Body Works (hey, it was after-Christmas clearance) - which was when Reid decided to take off running outside, leading Ross to chase after him. This scene caused some alarm to the security guard, who then came over to quiz Reid about where his mommy was and what she was wearing. Never mind that Reid looks like Ross' version of Mini Me. Ross was not amused, but I sure was! At least the guy tried to do his job...
Good times - Happy New Year!

1 comment:

momx2 said...

Wow that picture is amazing!