Reid and I are finally back from Alabama. In the midst of a wedding, a baby shower, two dinners, and a lunch (all over the course of a few days), we got to see lots of friends and family.
Reid got to spend some time at Granny's seeing the baby chicks, picking strawberries off the vine and blueberries off the bush, and playing under the grapevines. The grapes were a little too sour to eat off the vine, but underneath the vines it smelled just like Welch's grape juice. We also got to see how the cows were doing - Bobby and Whitney
(yes, named after THAT Bobby and Whitney), and the other cow whose name I can't remember (sorry, little cow!).
Reid got to spend some time at Granny's seeing the baby chicks, picking strawberries off the vine and blueberries off the bush, and playing under the grapevines. The grapes were a little too sour to eat off the vine, but underneath the vines it smelled just like Welch's grape juice. We also got to see how the cows were doing - Bobby and Whitney
Reid spent lots of time with his Granna while I was running around distributing baby gifts to all my friends who somehow decided to procreate at the same time (you all know who you are!). He helped wash Sally - the Mustang - and was so very sad when Doug took it to Florida for almost the whole time we were there. He kept asking, "Where's Sally?" and told Doug on the phone to hurry up and bring "her" home. He loved playing with Libby, even though she sometimes didn't know she was playing with him, and Nigel the puppy from next door.
I got to see some good friends from high school and college on this trip. It's always so much fun to catch up, though these days we end up talking about babies and kids. You just can't away from that subject.
Lastly, an update on the potty training situation. That appears to be on hold for a while. Things were looking so good for a week or so but Reid just seemed to decide that he wasn't on board anymore. When you have to wrestle him to the potty it never turns out well and he
will always win in a battle of wills, even against me (a worthy competetitor). :) So we'll try again soon, after he starts back to school and can see some of his friends using the potty every day. Hopefully that will stir some interest.
And, I want to give a special shout-out to my girl Sunshine. I'm so glad I got to see her this past weekend. She can turn a trip to Gymboree into a memorable experience...
1 comment:
Too funny! Wolf spider is crackin even me up! Glad you had fun. Wish I could have seen y'all! Love you!
Post a Comment